Subject: BCA Winter Strorm Update
Date Sent: March 5, 2013
The following is some useful information from the County:
A winter-storm warning is in effect starting at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6th and lasting until 3:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 7th. This storm is expected to start as rain on Tuesday evening, March 5th, but change over to snow late evening.
Snow totals will vary. Accumulations of 2- 4 inches Tuesday night and an additional 4- 6 inches Wednesday are possible. Winds on Wednesday will be out of the NE at 20-25 miles per hour (mph) with gusts up to 35 mph.
With heavy snow and gusty winds come the potential of tree limbs to come down on power lines. Make sure you have a battery-operated radio and flashlight; extra prescription medication; and charge cell phones or other critical
As a reminder, please stay off the roads during dangerous driving conditions. If you must drive, make sure you have a full tank of gas. Include an emergency kit in your car with extra blankets, some food and water, and a first-aid kit.
Montgomery County Update
Montgomery County will send out periodic updates on the status of county government, school, and transportation via Alert Montgomery. To find information between updates, visit the following:
- Monitor street plow status:
- Montgomery County Government Status Updates (including RideOn Bus status, trash and recycling collection, and library and recreation center closures)
- MCPS School Closure Information
Important Contact Information
- Non-emergencies, contact Montgomery County Government at 311 or (240)-777-0311
- Emergencies, call 911
- To report power or other utility outages:
- PEPCO: 1-877-737-2662
- Baltimore Gas and Electric: 1-877-778-2222 or 1-800-685-0123
- Potomac Edison (Allegheny Power): 1-800-255-3443
- Washington Gas: 1-800-752-7520
- WSSC: 1-800-828-4002
Ted Garrett, President
Bannockburn Citizens Association